Will any spark plug work in a lawn mower?
The spark plugs in both types of engine work on the same basic principle. ... Some automotive and lawn mower spark plugs may be interchangeable, but many others are not because of physical differences.
People also ask, what size spark plug does a Briggs and Stratton?
NGK Spark Plugs for Briggs & Stratton Engines
|Fits||BRIGGS & STRATTON GAS ENGINES -- All models except twin cylinder, Vanguard Intek, 19A400-19G400 series|
Furthermore, how do I know which spark plugs I need?
The different types of spark plugs can seem overwhelming at first, but the simple way to find out what kind of spark plug you need is by checking your owner's manual. The manual will specify the right plugs for your vehicle.
How often should you change the spark plug in a lawn mower?
- Change spark plugs at the beginning of every mowing season (in the spring) and/or every 100 hours of use.
- Use the same spark plugs recommended by the manufacturer of your lawn tractor or push mower.
|Replacement Part Type||Briggs & Stratton Spark Plug Part Number||Spark Plug Gap|
|Electromagnetic Suppression (EMS) (Replaces Champion QC12YC)||691043 792015||.030”|
|Extended Life Series® OHV Spark Plug Platinum (Replaces Champion RC12YC)||696202 5066 (5066D, 5066H)||.030”|
|Brand||Briggs & Stratton|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)||5.68 x 2.50 x 0.87 Inches|
- You can't get the engine to fire up at all.
- You have to tug extra hard for longer than usual on the rewind.
- Your lawn mower loses power while moving.
- The gas runs out quicker than it used to.