Why is my lawn mower spark plug wet?
Electrodes that have been worn thin are a sign of overheating, often caused by too much ethanol in the gas. If your plug has wet, oily deposits, it's time to take the mower in for servicing, because oil is leaking into the combustion chamber where it shouldn't be.
Keeping this in view, should a lawnmower spark plug be wet?
For the optimal functioning of your lawn mower, the spark plug has to be in good condition – which means it must not be wet. If you notice that it is wet, you can take various steps to correct the problem, or you can choose to replace the plug itself so that it does not lead to lasting system damage.
- You can't get the engine to fire up at all.
- You have to tug extra hard for longer than usual on the rewind.
- Your lawn mower loses power while moving.
- The gas runs out quicker than it used to.
Moreover, what does a wet spark plug indicate?
Wet. A wet spark plug can be the result of the engine flooding. Flooding is what happens when you try to start the engine several times without it firing up. You can clean the spark plugs or you can just wait for them to dry out.
What causes spark plugs to get wet with gas?
Wet spark plugs means the spark plugs are not firing. The spark plugs are coated with unburned gasoline, which allows the ignition voltage to short circuit to ground instead of jumping across the electrode gap normally. Wet fouled spark plugs can be caused by flooding the engine when attempting to start a cold engine.