Where is the spark plug located on a lawn mower?
Locate the spark plug(s).
On a walk-behind or riding lawn mower, they're usually near the front of the engine. On zero-turns, look near the back of the engine on the sides. Disconnect the spark plug lead and clean around the spark plug to remove any debris.
Similarly, what are the symptoms of a bad spark plug on a lawn mower?
Faulty spark plug warning signs
- The engine requires repeated attempts to start or the engine won't start at all.
- The engine misfires or runs rough.
- The engine starts, but stalls shortly after.
- There is a noticeable increase in fuel consumption during normal equipment use.
Consequently, what kind of spark plug does my mower take?
Ideally, most automobile spark plugs use a thread size of about 14mm thread why those of lawn mower range between 10 to 12 mm. Because of these differences in thread sizes, they just won't fit into the same hole or the unit in which the plug is to be fit in.
How often do you change spark plugs in lawn mower?
- You can't get the engine to fire up at all.
- You have to tug extra hard for longer than usual on the rewind.
- Your lawn mower loses power while moving.
- The gas runs out quicker than it used to.