Where is the spark plug located on a lawn mower?
Locate the spark plug(s).
On a walk-behind or riding lawn mower, they're usually near the front of the engine. On zero-turns, look near the back of the engine on the sides. Disconnect the spark plug lead and clean around the spark plug to remove any debris.
One may also ask, how do you change the spark plug on a Briggs and Stratton lawn mower?
- Step 1- Disconnect the spark plug lead. ...
- Step 2- Remove the spark plug using a spark plug socket.
- Step 3- Inspect the spark plug for very stubborn deposits, or for cracked porcelain or electrodes that have been burned away. ...
- Step 4- Check the spark plug gap and adjust as necessary.
Regarding this, how do you clean the spark plug on a Briggs and Stratton lawn mower?
Step 1: Disconnect the spark plug lead. Then, clean the area around the spark plug to avoid getting debris in the combustion chamber when you remove the plug. Step 2: Remove the spark plug using a spark plug socket. Step 3: Clean light deposits from the plug with a wire brush and spray-on plug cleaner.
How do I know if my lawnmower spark plug is bad?
Here's How to Know if a Lawn Mower Spark Plug is Bad
- You can't get the engine to fire up at all.
- You have to tug extra hard for longer than usual on the rewind.
- Your lawn mower loses power while moving.
- The gas runs out quicker than it used to.
|Replacement Part Type
|Briggs & Stratton Spark Plug Part Number
|Spark Plug Gap
|Electromagnetic Suppression (EMS) (Replaces Champion QC12YC)
|Extended Life Series® OHV Spark Plug Platinum (Replaces Champion RC12YC)
|696202 5066 (5066D, 5066H)