What spark plug does a Craftsman lawn mower use?
The Craftsman 4.5hp mower uses either a Champion model RJ19LM or J19LM spark plug, or equivalent, with the gap set at .
Consequently, what size spark plug does a craftsman?
The Craftsman 4 piece spark plug socket set features the following sizes: 5/8, 3/4, 13/16 inch and 18mm. Each one has 6 contact points, is high quality and versatile.
Accordingly, will any spark plug work in a lawn mower?
The spark plugs in both types of engine work on the same basic principle. ... Some automotive and lawn mower spark plugs may be interchangeable, but many others are not because of physical differences.
What happens if you put the wrong spark plug in your lawn mower?
Spark plugs that are gapped incorrectly can cause an engine to miss, or run erratically, especially during idle. The incorrect spark plug gaps can cause uneven firing of individual spark plugs and delay engine combustion; both of which can cause an engine to miss or idle erratically.Here's How to Know if a Lawn Mower Spark Plug is Bad
- You can't get the engine to fire up at all.
- You have to tug extra hard for longer than usual on the rewind.
- Your lawn mower loses power while moving.
- The gas runs out quicker than it used to.
|Fits||BRIGGS & STRATTON GAS ENGINES -- All models except twin cylinder, Vanguard Intek, 19A400-19G400 series|
|Replacement Part Type||Briggs & Stratton Spark Plug Part Number||Spark Plug Gap|
|Extended Life Series® OHV Spark Plug Platinum (Replaces Champion RC12YC)||696202 5066 (5066D, 5066H)||.030”|
|Resistor Spark plug - hotter spark (Replaces Champion RC14YC)||496018S 5092||.030”|
- Change spark plugs at the beginning of every mowing season (in the spring) and/or every 100 hours of use.
- Use the same spark plugs recommended by the manufacturer of your lawn tractor or push mower.