What spark plug does a Craftsman lawn mower use?
The Craftsman 4.5hp mower uses either a Champion model RJ19LM or J19LM spark plug, or equivalent, with the gap set at .
Beside above, how do I know what spark plug I need for my lawn mower?
Spark plugs are typically located on the back or side of a lawn mower engine. Look for a short wire that's about 1/4-in. -thick leading to the top of a short, cylindrical protrusion from the engine. If you're not sure where the spark plug is, consult your owner's manual.
|Replacement Part Type||Briggs & Stratton Spark Plug Part Number||Spark Plug Gap|
|Extended Life Series® OHV Spark Plug Platinum (Replaces Champion RC12YC)||696202 5066 (5066D, 5066H)||.030”|
|Resistor Spark plug - hotter spark (Replaces Champion RC14YC)||496018S 5092||.030”|
In this regard, what size spark plug does a craftsman?
The Craftsman 4 piece spark plug socket set features the following sizes: 5/8, 3/4, 13/16 inch and 18mm. Each one has 6 contact points, is high quality and versatile.
Do lawn mower spark plugs come pre gapped?
Check the gap on the new spark plug before installing it. A new plug will often come pre-gapped to match your specific engine, but use a spark plug gauge to verify that it matches the manufacturer's specifications.Spark plugs aren't universal; you have to make sure that you buy one that fits your mower. ... If you no longer have the manual or the number has rubbed off, you can always remove the plug first and take it to AutoZone with you.
- You can't get the engine to fire up at all.
- You have to tug extra hard for longer than usual on the rewind.
- Your lawn mower loses power while moving.
- The gas runs out quicker than it used to.
- Your car is a rough starter. ...
- Your car is a rough idler. ...
- Your engine will sometimes misfire. ...
- Your engine surges. ...
- Your fuel consumption is higher than usual. ...
- Your car isn't accelerating as it should.