What spark plug do I need for my lawn mower?
Ideally, most automobile spark plugs use a thread size of about 14mm thread why those of lawn mower range between 10 to 12 mm. Because of these differences in thread sizes, they just won't fit into the same hole or the unit in which the plug is to be fit in.
Also question is, where is the spark plug on Toro?
The size and type is printed on the porcelain casing, and it's included in your lawnmower's owner's manual. Most mowers -- including Toro brand mowers -- have a decal on the mowing deck or on the engine shroud that reveals the type of spark plug needed.
Also, are lawnmower spark plugs universal?
Spark plugs aren't universal; you have to make sure that you buy one that fits your mower. ... If you no longer have the manual or the number has rubbed off, you can always remove the plug first and take it to AutoZone with you.
How often do you change spark plugs in lawn mower?
- Your car is a rough starter. ...
- Your car is a rough idler. ...
- Your engine will sometimes misfire. ...
- Your engine surges. ...
- Your fuel consumption is higher than usual. ...
- Your car isn't accelerating as it should.
- You can't get the engine to fire up at all.
- You have to tug extra hard for longer than usual on the rewind.
- Your lawn mower loses power while moving.
- The gas runs out quicker than it used to.