What size socket wrench Do I need to remove a spark plug from a lawn mower?
Drive socket wrench in 1/2 inches or 3/8 inches, whichever is appropriate for your machine. New spark plug.
Moreover, what size is a lawnmower spark plug?
Ideally, most automobile spark plugs use a thread size of about 14mm thread why those of lawn mower range between 10 to 12 mm.
In this way, how do I know what size spark plug wrench I need?
Most spark plugs require a 5/8" (16mm) size spark plug socket. This refers to the size of the flats on the spark plug that are in contact with the socket. This spark plug requires the 5/8" spark plug socket, which will probably fit a 3/8 ratchet extension.
What can I use instead of a spark plug wrench?
How to remove the lawn mower spark plug without a socket, step by...
- Park the lawnmower on the plane surface.
- Gather some basic tools.
- Pull the spark plug out using a wrench.
- Pull the spark plug out using a nose plier or other tool.
- Pull them out using a magnet and a wrench.
- Pull it out by a rubber hose/ pipe.
The Craftsman 4.5hp mower uses either a Champion model RJ19LM or J19LM spark plug, or equivalent, with the gap set at . 030 inch.
- You can't get the engine to fire up at all.
- You have to tug extra hard for longer than usual on the rewind.
- Your lawn mower loses power while moving.
- The gas runs out quicker than it used to.