What size socket is a lawn mower spark plug?
Spark plug sockets come in two sizes: 5/8 inches and 13/16 inches. Most spark plug sockets have a rubber insert that holds the plug snugly in place. You may also need a universal joint if your spark plugs are difficult to reach.
Thereof, what size socket wrench Do I need to remove a spark plug from a lawn mower?
Drive socket wrench in 1/2 inches or 3/8 inches, whichever is appropriate for your machine. New spark plug.
Consequently, what tool do I need to remove a spark plug from a lawn mower?
Replacing a spark plug is one of the easiest tasks of lawnmower maintenance. The only tools you'll need are a ratcheting socket driver, a spark plug socket and a spark plug gauge.
Can you use a regular socket for spark plugs?
Do I Need To Use A Spark Plug Socket? This is a pretty easy question to answer... no you don't need a spark plug socket to remove and install spark plugs. A deep socket in the correct size will work in most cases, if enough patience is used and maybe some pliers to go along with the socket.The spark plugs in both types of engine work on the same basic principle. ... Some automotive and lawn mower spark plugs may be interchangeable, but many others are not because of physical differences.How to remove the lawn mower spark plug without a socket, step by...
- Park the lawnmower on the plane surface.
- Gather some basic tools.
- Pull the spark plug out using a wrench.
- Pull the spark plug out using a nose plier or other tool.
- Pull them out using a magnet and a wrench.
- Pull it out by a rubber hose/ pipe.
- Change spark plugs at the beginning of every mowing season (in the spring) and/or every 100 hours of use.
- Use the same spark plugs recommended by the manufacturer of your lawn tractor or push mower.
|This item Briggs & Stratton Spark Plug Wrench 5402K
|Add to Cart
|4.6 out of 5 stars (258)
|FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime