What kind of spark plug does a Craftsman lawn mower take?
The Craftsman 4.5hp mower uses either a Champion model RJ19LM or J19LM spark plug, or equivalent, with the gap set at .
Keeping this in view, how do I know if my lawn mower spark plug is bad?
Here's How to Know if a Lawn Mower Spark Plug is Bad
- You can't get the engine to fire up at all.
- You have to tug extra hard for longer than usual on the rewind.
- Your lawn mower loses power while moving.
- The gas runs out quicker than it used to.
Beside above, how often should you replace a spark plug on a lawn mower?
Replace spark plugs as often as is recommended by the manufacturer.
- Change spark plugs at the beginning of every mowing season (in the spring) and/or every 100 hours of use.
- Use the same spark plugs recommended by the manufacturer of your lawn tractor or push mower.
What can I use to clean my spark plugs?
To safely clean a spark plug, you should use a wire brush or spray-on plug cleaner specifically designed for this ignition part. You can also use a sturdy knife to scrape off tough deposits. Note: NEVER clean a spark plug with a shot blaster or abrasives.Lumix GC NGK Spark Plug For John Deere LA135 Craftsman LT1000 YT4000 YTS3000 Tractors.