What kind of spark plug do I need for my riding lawn mower?
Ideally, most automobile spark plugs use a thread size of about 14mm thread why those of lawn mower range between 10 to 12 mm. Because of these differences in thread sizes, they just won't fit into the same hole or the unit in which the plug is to be fit in.
Also, can I use any spark plug for lawn mower?
The spark plugs in both types of engine work on the same basic principle. ... Some automotive and lawn mower spark plugs may be interchangeable, but many others are not because of physical differences.
- You can't get the engine to fire up at all.
- You have to tug extra hard for longer than usual on the rewind.
- Your lawn mower loses power while moving.
- The gas runs out quicker than it used to.
In respect to this, what type of spark plug does a Craftsman riding lawn mower take?
The Craftsman 4.5hp mower uses either a Champion model RJ19LM or J19LM spark plug, or equivalent, with the gap set at . 030 inch.
Are all spark plugs the same for lawn mowers?
Yes there are different plugs for different engines. Usually you need the engine model on your mower, and take in the old spark plug to the hardware store. Ask for someone to help you find the right spark plug and tell them your engine model and mower model.A dirty or fouled spark plug can cause your lawn mower to not start. It can also work itself loose, causing issues. If the spark plug appears to be seated correctly but the engine doesn't start, a new one may be in order.
- Attach a spark plug tester to the ignition wire. At the other end, the tester connects to the spark plug as it sits in your engine.
- Turn the ignition ON.
- Start the engine, or simply turn it over if it won't start, and watch the transparent sides of the tester.
|National average cost||$90|
|Low-end cost range||$45-$75|
|High-end cost range||$125-$250|