What is the best lawn mower spark plug?
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall. Champion Copper Plus 71 Spark Plug. Photo: amazon.com. ...
- Best Bang For The Buck. Maxpower 334058 Spark Plug For Riding Mowers. Photo: amazon.com. ...
- Upgrade Pick. E3 Spark Plugs E3. ...
- Best Platinum. Briggs & Stratton 5062K Spark Plug Platinum. ...
- Best Iridium. Fram Autolite XP5325 Iridium XP Spark Plug.
Also, does it matter what spark plugs you use in lawn mower?
The spark plugs in both types of engine work on the same basic principle. ... Some automotive and lawn mower spark plugs may be interchangeable, but many others are not because of physical differences.
Moreover, how long is a lawn mower spark plug good for?
Typically, the consensus among the mechanical engineer community is that a spark plug for a lawn mower will last up to 25 hours of use. Some users simply prefer to replace it every mowing season as a part of their yearly lawn mower maintenance.
Will a lawn mower start with a bad spark plug?
A dirty or fouled spark plug can cause your lawn mower to not start. It can also work itself loose, causing issues. If the spark plug appears to be seated correctly but the engine doesn't start, a new one may be in order.Symptoms of bad spark plugs can include:
- Reduced gas mileage.
- Lack of acceleration.
- Hard starts.
- Engine misfires.
- Rough idling.