How often should you change the spark plug on a Honda lawn mower?
For standard lawn mower and small engine maintenance, you should check and/or replace spark plugs: once a season. every 25 hours of use. if your lawn mower our outdoor power equipment won't start.
Likewise, where is the spark plug located on a Honda lawn mower?
Replacing Your Spark Plug
The spark plug is traditionally located on the front of the lawn mower. On this Honda lawn mower, it is located in the upper front hand portion of the mower, directly beneath the red engine shroud/cover. Carefully put your index finger in between the engine and the cap.
Similarly, how do you tell if a lawn mower spark plug is bad?
Here's How to Know if a Lawn Mower Spark Plug is Bad
- You can't get the engine to fire up at all.
- You have to tug extra hard for longer than usual on the rewind.
- Your lawn mower loses power while moving.
- The gas runs out quicker than it used to.
How often should you change spark plugs on a lawn mower?
Replace spark plugs as often as is recommended by the manufacturer.
- Change spark plugs at the beginning of every mowing season (in the spring) and/or every 100 hours of use.
- Use the same spark plugs recommended by the manufacturer of your lawn tractor or push mower.
|This item Honda 98079-56846 (BPR6ES) Small Engine Spark Plug for GCV160, GCV190||Honda 2-Pack Genuine OEM 98079-55846 Spark Plug BPR5ES; Replaces 98079-55876|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||PowerToolReplacementParts|
|Honda HRX217 Lawn Mower Parts HMA/HXA/TDA|
|72531-VH7-000||Blade Rotary (Upper)||1|