How do I know which spark plug for my lawn mower?
Spark plugs are typically located on the back or side of a lawn mower engine. Look for a short wire that's about 1/4-in. -thick leading to the top of a short, cylindrical protrusion from the engine. If you're not sure where the spark plug is, consult your owner's manual.
In respect to this, are Autolite spark plugs good for small engines?
Autolite Copper Small Engine Spark Plugs are engineered for long life and cover lawn mowers, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, and other small power equipment. Small engines work under dirty, demanding conditions. ... Autolite is the leading supplier of spark plugs; offering the best alternative to OE spark plugs.
Also to know is, what are the symptoms of a bad spark plug on a lawn mower?
Faulty spark plug warning signs
- The engine requires repeated attempts to start or the engine won't start at all.
- The engine misfires or runs rough.
- The engine starts, but stalls shortly after.
- There is a noticeable increase in fuel consumption during normal equipment use.
How often should a lawn mower spark plug be changed?
- Best Overall. Champion Copper Plus 71 Spark Plug. Photo: amazon.com. ...
- Best Bang For The Buck. Maxpower 334058 Spark Plug For Riding Mowers. Photo: amazon.com. ...
- Upgrade Pick. E3 Spark Plugs E3. ...
- Best Platinum. Briggs & Stratton 5062K Spark Plug Platinum. ...
- Best Iridium. Fram Autolite XP5325 Iridium XP Spark Plug.
The Craftsman 4.5hp mower uses either a Champion model RJ19LM or J19LM spark plug, or equivalent, with the gap set at .While you should buy spark plugs in matching sets for your vehicle, not all spark plugs are universal. Spark plugs come in different sizes with different gaps and are manufactured using a variety of metals. Finding the ones that you need can be difficult.Spark plug sockets come in two sizes: 5/8 inches and 13/16 inches. Most spark plug sockets have a rubber insert that holds the plug snugly in place. You may also need a universal joint if your spark plugs are difficult to reach.