How do I know which spark plug for my lawn mower?
Spark plugs are typically located on the back or side of a lawn mower engine. Look for a short wire that's about 1/4-in. -thick leading to the top of a short, cylindrical protrusion from the engine. If you're not sure where the spark plug is, consult your owner's manual.
Likewise, people ask, how do you change a spark plug on a Bolens lawn mower?
|Replacement Part Type||Briggs & Stratton Spark Plug Part Number||Spark Plug Gap|
|Extended Life Series® OHV Spark Plug Platinum (Replaces Champion RC12YC)||696202 5066 (5066D, 5066H)||.030”|
|Resistor Spark plug - hotter spark (Replaces Champion RC14YC)||496018S 5092||.030”|
Beside above, are lawnmower spark plugs universal?
Spark plugs aren't universal; you have to make sure that you buy one that fits your mower. ... If you no longer have the manual or the number has rubbed off, you can always remove the plug first and take it to AutoZone with you.
Will any spark plug work in a lawn mower?
The spark plugs in both types of engine work on the same basic principle. ... Some automotive and lawn mower spark plugs may be interchangeable, but many others are not because of physical differences.
- You can't get the engine to fire up at all.
- You have to tug extra hard for longer than usual on the rewind.
- Your lawn mower loses power while moving.
- The gas runs out quicker than it used to.
|Fits||BRIGGS & STRATTON GAS ENGINES -- All models except twin cylinder, Vanguard Intek, 19A400-19G400 series|
- Rattling, pinging or “knock”-like noises. When spark plugs begin to misfire, you may notice unusual noises from the force of the pistons and combustion not working properly. ...
- Hard vehicle start. ...
- Reduced performance. ...
- Poor fuel economy.