How do I know if my lawn mower spark plug is bad?
Here's How to Know if a Lawn Mower Spark Plug is Bad
- You can't get the engine to fire up at all.
- You have to tug extra hard for longer than usual on the rewind.
- Your lawn mower loses power while moving.
- The gas runs out quicker than it used to.
In this regard, how do you know if you have a spark plug problem?
Common signs of faulty spark plugs include slow acceleration, loss of power, poor fuel economy, engine misfires, and difficulty starting the car.
Also question is, how do you check a spark plug on a lawn mower?
How often should you replace a lawn mower spark plug?
How often should you change spark plugs in a lawn mower? Lawn mower spark plugs should be changed according to your lawn mower owners manual, or annually if your manual does not specify. Another good option is to change the spark plugs once the winter season starts so it will be ready to go when Spring arrives.The spark plugs in both types of engine work on the same basic principle. ... Some automotive and lawn mower spark plugs may be interchangeable, but many others are not because of physical differences.Ignition Coil Problems, Symptoms and Solutions
- Engine misfires.
- Rough idle.
- A decrease in car power, especially in acceleration.
- Poor fuel economy.
- Difficulty starting the engine.
- Check engine light is on.
- Exhaust backfiring.
- Increased hydrocarbon emissions.