How do I know if my lawn mower spark plug is bad?
Here's How to Know if a Lawn Mower Spark Plug is Bad
- You can't get the engine to fire up at all.
- You have to tug extra hard for longer than usual on the rewind.
- Your lawn mower loses power while moving.
- The gas runs out quicker than it used to.
In this way, how often should you change spark plug on lawnmower?
Replace spark plugs as often as is recommended by the manufacturer.
- Change spark plugs at the beginning of every mowing season (in the spring) and/or every 100 hours of use.
- Use the same spark plugs recommended by the manufacturer of your lawn tractor or push mower.
Accordingly, what does a bad spark plug do to a lawn mower? A dirty or fouled spark plug can cause your lawn mower to not start. It can also work itself loose, causing issues. If the spark plug appears to be seated correctly but the engine doesn't start, a new one may be in order.
Also, how often should you change spark plug?
every 30,000 miles
Will any spark plug work in a lawn mower?
The spark plugs in both types of engine work on the same basic principle. ... Some automotive and lawn mower spark plugs may be interchangeable, but many others are not because of physical differences.