Does it matter what spark plugs you use in lawn mower?
The spark plugs in both types of engine work on the same basic principle. ... Some automotive and lawn mower spark plugs may be interchangeable, but many others are not because of physical differences.
Regarding this, what happens if you use the wrong spark plug in a lawn mower?
Spark plugs that are gapped incorrectly can cause an engine to miss, or run erratically, especially during idle. The incorrect spark plug gaps can cause uneven firing of individual spark plugs and delay engine combustion; both of which can cause an engine to miss or idle erratically.
|Replacement Part Type||Briggs & Stratton Spark Plug Part Number||Spark Plug Gap|
|Extended Life Series® OHV Spark Plug Platinum (Replaces Champion RC12YC)||696202 5066 (5066D, 5066H)||.030”|
|Resistor Spark plug - hotter spark (Replaces Champion RC14YC)||496018S 5092||.030”|
Additionally, what is the NGK equivalent to a champion RC12YC?
The NGK I stock as an equivalent to the RC12YC is the BCP(R)5ES (6130).
How often should you change the spark plugs on a lawn mower?
- Best Overall. Champion Copper Plus 71 Spark Plug. Photo: amazon.com. ...
- Best Bang For The Buck. Maxpower 334058 Spark Plug For Riding Mowers. Photo: amazon.com. ...
- Upgrade Pick. E3 Spark Plugs E3. ...
- Best Platinum. Briggs & Stratton 5062K Spark Plug Platinum. ...
- Best Iridium. Fram Autolite XP5325 Iridium XP Spark Plug.
- You can't get the engine to fire up at all.
- You have to tug extra hard for longer than usual on the rewind.
- Your lawn mower loses power while moving.
- The gas runs out quicker than it used to.