Can I use any spark plug for lawn mower?
The spark plugs in both types of engine work on the same basic principle. ... Some automotive and lawn mower spark plugs may be interchangeable, but many others are not because of physical differences.
Also question is, can wrong spark plug damage engine?
If the electrodes are broken off or flattened, it is likely that the wrong spark plugs are installed. A spark plug that is too long can cause extensive damage to your engine while a short spark plug can cause poor gas mileage and spark plug fouling.
Furthermore, are all spark plugs the same for lawn mowers?
Yes there are different plugs for different engines. Usually you need the engine model on your mower, and take in the old spark plug to the hardware store. Ask for someone to help you find the right spark plug and tell them your engine model and mower model.
Will a lawn mower start with a bad spark plug?
A dirty or fouled spark plug can cause your lawn mower to not start. It can also work itself loose, causing issues. If the spark plug appears to be seated correctly but the engine doesn't start, a new one may be in order.Common Symptoms of a Faulty Coil Pack
- A rough idle.
- An unexplainably louder-than-usual engine.
- A noticeable lack of power.
- A significant drop in RPMs while accelerating for no apparent reason.
- A blinking or intermittently activating check engine light.
- An active gas warning light when the vehicle has plenty of gasoline.
- You can't get the engine to fire up at all.
- You have to tug extra hard for longer than usual on the rewind.
- Your lawn mower loses power while moving.
- The gas runs out quicker than it used to.