What size socket wrench Do I need to remove a spark plug from a lawn mower?
Drive socket wrench in 1/2 inches or 3/8 inches, whichever is appropriate for your machine. New spark plug.
Keeping this in consideration, what size wrench do you need for a spark plug?
Most spark plugs require a 5/8" (16mm) size spark plug socket.
- Park the lawnmower on the plane surface.
- Gather some basic tools.
- Pull the spark plug out using a wrench.
- Pull the spark plug out using a nose plier or other tool.
- Pull them out using a magnet and a wrench.
- Pull it out by a rubber hose/ pipe.
Beside this, how do you remove a spark plug from a lawn mower?
Can I use a regular socket to remove spark plugs?
Do I Need To Use A Spark Plug Socket? ... no you don't need a spark plug socket to remove and install spark plugs. A deep socket in the correct size will work in most cases, if enough patience is used and maybe some pliers to go along with the socket.Replace spark plugs as often as is recommended by the manufacturer.
- Change spark plugs at the beginning of every mowing season (in the spring) and/or every 100 hours of use.
- Use the same spark plugs recommended by the manufacturer of your lawn tractor or push mower.